Saturday, August 13, 2011

For my Friends and Fellow-Traders in the Stock Market

Is it just me? I can't be the only one that can see this whole horrifying debt-ceiling brouhaha, stock market insanity is totally artificially induced? Actually, there probably are lots of people talking about it on "them conspiracy-nut" shows. But just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean no one is after you, as they say. I apologize about the length of this rant. Bear with me, I've provide appropriate music for you to listen to while you read.



Today I feel like ranting about the stock market, gold, fiat currency, central banks, international conspiracies, The Creature From Jekyll Island, Unequal Protection, and other such delightful topics that could keep a thousand monkeys busy for a thousand years. I have been reading, when I could, over the last couple of weeks, as I've fought to make my daily pittance from the stock market. What used to be interesting, fun, and not terribly time-consuming has turned into an eighteen-hour-a-day nightmare with no end in sight. The guys on the shows on TV have stopped even bothering to put on a coat and tie. It's pushed-up sleeves, 5 o'clock shadows, and open admissions of utter exhaustion.

Every day I watch, read, listen to the pundits expound on such subjects as: Gold is bound to drop terribly. From one such pundit: What good is it, anyway? You can't spend it; after all, it's not money!

They can't be this ignorant right? Nobody could be this ignorant. Gold has been the universal currency that has bought the same number of loaves of bread (or sheep, or cattle) for the same amount of gold since Roman times. And probably long before that. Utah just made it (and silver) legal tender.  With numerous other states following suit. Who paid, pressured, brainwashed this fool into saying such a thing? I think it was on CNBC. (Figures) I would give anything to be able to provide the link...searched my history, even. Needle in a haystack.

And check out this from Donald Trump.

I watch people expound, hold forth, give theories, analyze fundamentals, examine technicals--my thing--as I'm a visual person, although I do my "fundamental" homework too. It's all so much Bull/Bear [take your pick] manure. There is nothing wrong with most of the companies whose stop is falling and rising so precipitously. Their fundamentals, in the most part are fine, as were those of the stock exchange-traded companies in 1929. Terror. It's terror, folks, pure and simple. Well, okay, a huge dollop of greed too.

Lord knows there has been plenty in the past weeks (as our legislators and president have aired our dirty laundry for the world to see) to cause the stock market to plunge despite the excellent  health of the companies involved. But, and here is real, acid test kicker as far as I am concerned. As far as my manipulation theory goes: Can anyone tell me even one single thing that caused things to pick up suddenly at lunchtime Wednesday?  Because for the life of me I sure can't. Not one single positive thing happening in the entire, totally beleaguered, beat-to-death world. Not one. No manna fell from heaven, no one discovered that the holes in the ozone were fixed, or that a no side effects cure had been discovered for cancer. Don't even get me started on that. Or, if you're interested read my article about Essiac--it's a real eye-opener our Big Pharma friends don't want spread around.

Is it some kind of conspiracy of silence that everybody seems to be ignoring this blatantly apparent phenomenon except me? Has the emperor lost his clothes? Am I truly Cassandra, as I've believed all my life? WTF is UP, everybody? Are they/you serious? Or more to the point: Are you blind? Are you living in LaLa Land? Did the stocks just start flying off of the shelves midday on the 10th because Glinda the Good came and waved her magic wand over the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave? Or did the Powers That Be finally (hello, hello, wake up) realize that they had let it go too far and we were for real this time, not a civil-liberty-theft drill, about to tank? Do they think, do you think that because this is the good old US of A it can't happen here? Well, guess what, we're about two paychecks away from it. We're spoiled. And we've got our heads buried in the sand.

It can happen here the first day the trucks don't show up at the supermarkets. Did you know they only keep one day's worth of food on hand? One day's worth of water? This is due to a phenomenon known as "on-demand" shipping. I know a fair amount about this because in the Nineties I was the publisher of a trade journal called The International Journal of Logistics Management that the management of every Multinational Corp in the wold subscribed to. Did you know that even the main branches of most banks have less than $10,000 in cash on hand? According to the manager at my Wachovia main branch, anything much more than that "takes them up to a week to get" It can happen here if half a dozen people, in half a dozen towns decide to go down to a half a dozen banks and draw out their money. It's utterly terrifying to know that's all it could take. FDIC? LMAO


Scenario starting to sound familiar? Well, maybe if you're a student of history or finance. They keep us peons pretty ignorant nowadays. Did you know that we are becoming a Third World country at about the same rate that India is becoming a Middle Class one? WAKE UP PEONS! Oops, I mean PEOPLE. It can happen here. It has happened here before on a grand scale, and ever more often, recently, on a relatively small scale: Earthquakes, Katrina, Andrew and Tsunamis in Hawaii. And as the population pressures increase exponentially, what was a "fun" hurricane party when I was a child is an epic disaster-film subject now. Just insert Bruce Willis. Think about throwing in Global Warming (if your news-provider/church/political affiliation allows you to believe in it.)

 I've let myself digress into the physical. Lets get ethereal. Let's talk about the cloud. Do you know where your money is tonight? Assuming you even have any, in this, the wealthiest nation on earth. Or are you living that fat-cat, it-can't-happen-here, head-wherever, existence I've mentioned? On credit cards and mortgages, perhaps? (Slap, Stop digressing Q) Your money isn't even in a "computer," per se, anymore, much less the bank, and that was scary enough. Now it's somewhere in what I used to call the ether and is now referred to as the cloud. Everything is there. Our whole lives are there, or soon will be. Unless you have large tax debts or a criminal record, you'd better pray the power doesn't go off. But to get back to our money, (no your money--I've already taken care of mine) my God, we can't simply consume and consume and consume, and print more and more and more money and make and export nothing (oops, I was forgetting weapons and young healthy Americans), The main thing we export is debt that is going to allow the people, whom we so ridiculously fear might take us over militarily, simply to collect on their debts and "buy" us. Actually, they're already well on they're way.

So yes, if you're a trader, for God's sake, by all means, trade each day as though it may be your last, because it may. Personally, I'm currently terrified because I got trapped into holding something over the weekend. Quelle horreur! Even if you're not a trader, get you head out of "wherever."

Before the Great Depression my grandfather got a bad feeling and took all of his money out of the bank and hid it in the engine of his car (and several other creative places). Damned good thing. My family had money when everybody else was starving. As you know, the Great Depression was caused by nothing more than panic, no crops failed, no industries were destroyed overnight. And here and now: Pay attention, this is important! A powerful group of "somebodies" has stepped up in the last couple of days to try to stem the panic. Pray that they are successful. I don't like that they exist in the first place, but thank God for them in this moment. I include this famous video of Jim Cramer "fessing up" to point out how easy it is for even one person to affect the movement of the stock market.


But what you need to do:

Make a plan, do your research. What might you need for how long? Will you need to protect yourself? Have a problem with supplies of food? energy? fuel? Have you become part of the urban-gardening or sustainable-living movement? Who do you think is going to feed you like some baby bird with it's beak open if the trucks stop delivering the food to the grocery stores?

And bury a jar of gold under a rosebush in your backyard. I don't care what that Central Bank/fiat currency mouthpiece was trying to say  about how worthless it is. If the world goes to hell in a handbasket, you'll be surprised how far the universal currency will get you.

And speaking of the universal currency, I just got through watching an interview with one of my favorite young technical traders. He's the Chief Strategic Officer of an analysis website called T3Live.com. Rumpled, sweaty, unshaven, as promised. And he's an Iron Man Triathlete. Think how the rest of us must  feel.



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would enjoy reading your comments.