Saturday, April 6, 2013

Proof, by Dick Francis

ProofProof by Dick Francis

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I love Dick Francis' novels. He was the Queen Mother's jockey & became a novelist after he retired. His books all have horses in them in some way or another, but each is set in a different industry, which is well researched. This one is set in the wine industry, which I used to work in myself, so of course it is particularly appealing.

The funny thing is, though, as different as he tries to make his heroes, in the end they all turn out to be the same quiet, unassuming, smart, capable guy who can stand immense amounts of pain. Gee, I wonder why?

I last read it so long ago, I couldn't even begin to say when.

View all my reviews
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would enjoy reading your comments.